Manila Seoul Searching No. 2: 22nd Filipino-Korean Cultural Festival

by - October 27, 2013

*dark indoor photography...I am so bad at this but I really have to share this with you guys*


With the influx of games for Super Show 5 on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram; I won two (2) tickets for the 22nd Filipino-Korean Cultural Festival happened last October 26, 2013 at the Aliw Theater.

It was my first time winning something online.


See my name?

Later I found out that the event was open for all walk-in audience, so all my effort was like a waste. But it’s okay seeing my name on other Facebook page was enough (keeping positive vibes).

I brought my friend, Gen, with me. When we saw the programme we saw a very familiar name “Jay Park.” We were like spazzing all the way to the venue coz we thought it was really Jay Park. –end of story –

Lesson: there are many Jay Parks in the world.

Before the program, they played EXO’s Growl music video and all of the fangirls were squealing! I was happy to see EXO………on a much bigger screen.

The program started with the national anthems of the Philippines and Korea. It was my first time hearing Korea’s national anthem. I can’t sing it but I can read the hangul letters at the screen (but can’t understand it).

The hosts were Jojo Alejar a.k.a Jojo A. (I used to watch his show at night coz he is really funny.) and someone I forgot the name.

The event chairperson, Lee Jong Sub do the opening remarks while Republic of Korea’s Ambassador to the Philippines, His Excellency Lee Hyuk and the UKCA President Lee Jang Il delivered the congratulatory message.

The first presentation was a Korean speech by a Filipino named Timothy Amagna. I was like “Can I have a translation of the piece he is saying right now? T___T I only understand the basics and the –imnida parts. For sure he is not talking informally.”

The second presentation was a Filipino speech by a Korean girl named Lee Hye Jin. It was really cute! The way she delivered her speech was really cute. I know she is not making pa-cute but it was cute for me, coz I understand it no translation needed. When I heard her speak, I suddenly thought of Sandara Park. Dara speaks like that.




samulnori performance by the Korean Catholic Church. Samul- four things. Nori – to play.

La Pilipina Dance Company danced various traditional and folk dances. Both the Korean and Filipino audience were amazed with their performance.


There were eight (8) finalists in this event. This event is really cool because Koreans will perform a Filipino song while Filipinos will do the other way around. It is really an exchange of culture and friendship.





Dance Dominion Crew doing a K-pop Remix mash-up
Most of the songs were Girls' Generation songs! I soooo love their performance!


Lee Yong Soo singing Dakilang Lahi, a song for the country
A Korean singing Filipino song. Cool oppa~


SE-EON danced to the songs of Infinite, VIXX and B2S







Sunhwa International Academy Dance Troupe dancing the Fan Dance.



Cutie Korean kids singing our folk songs Bahay Kubo, Leron leron sinta and paru-parong bukid better than me.



Franchesca Farr singing Titanium.


Awarding.

The cute kids won 50,000 pesos for their very outstanding performance. It's my first time watching this event and I will definitely watch next year's event. It is really nice to see Koreans performing using our songs. It makes me feel more proud to be a Filipino. With this exchange of talents by Koreans and Filipinos it also strengthens the friendship between these two nations. 


You May Also Like

0 comments