Manila Seoul-Searching No. 1: Cafe de Seoul

by - October 16, 2013



I got hospitalized one time because of eating spicy food. My body got dehydrated and I was thinking that I am dying (exaggeration). I really avoid spicy food since then.

South Korea, the home of good-looking K-pop idols is also the land of the ever spicy kimchi. Too sad, I can’t really eat it because my doctor prohibited me in eating spicy dishes.

Autumn 2011, I went to South Korea with our Dean and other schoolmates because of our Cultural Exchange Program. South Korea was like my dream land because of the fact that it is Super Junior Donghae’s country. The advice of my doctor not to eat spicy food is not a hindrance to not to enjoy my stay in South Korea. I still enjoyed my stay in South Korea! Their bulgogi was the best and my favorite banchan was gamja jeon.

After that one week stay in the land of the morning calm, I suddenly have this change of lifestyle. Now, I am having a Manila Seoul-Searching (wordplay: replacing Seoul, capital of SoKor in the word “soul-searching.”) Meaning I am looking for something “Seoul-like” or “Korean-like” in Metro.



My first Manila Seoul-Searching adventure is at Café de Seoul located at One Archer’s Place (beside De La Salle University Manila).

My girly girl OTP (one true pair) and I went to the place last October 12, 2013. I really feel like I was in a coffee shop somewhere in Seoul. The ambiance was really Seoul-like. When we visited the place, the costumers were Koreans because Lasallians are out there in Mall of Asia Arena cheering for the Green Archers!


As you enter the coffee shop, you'll notice this thing (I don't know what it is called - comment in this post if you know ^^) where you can put your pictures during your stay in Cafe de Seoul. Some people left their 2x2 / passport size photos, polaroid photos and look for EXO Lay's face there. 


There is also a post it-wall! I also like this part without any reasons. Leaving post-its in cafe walls just means you went in this place.Post-its are really clean and colorful! Most post-its were dedicated for EXO, Super Junior and other K-pop groups. The artists will be happy if they see these messages. What makes this place feel Seoul-like is their mini replica of the Namsan Tower, where you can put padlocks that signifies that you are locked to each other (for lovers kekeke). 








Nyam nyam nyam nyam! This is for all the hungry people out there. 



Tables with Galaxy Tab - perfect for posting your selcas, researching for thesis or just play Candy Crush saga. 



Imagine playing Temple Run 2 in a tab installed in a table. Hmmmm.




Sleek magazine rack! Very classy.



Marshmallow Choco Slice - I ordered this because I remember Sulli and Minho eating S'mores in the drama To the Beautiful You. It is sooooo creamy and chocolatey! I love it! Neomu johaeyo!


My friend ordered a Choco Lava and it is also great! Very chewy! There's a surprise in the middle of this cake. ;)


Mocha chips.  


Honey citron/Yuja! Aja! Aja! 


Bird's eye view selca. A mirror at the ceiling! 

I am not really doing a food blog here but I will give a verdict. Haha! The ambiance and service were great! The people working there were really nice. It is a place where you can both relax and enjoy. The price of the goods were so-so but the over-all experience in this place is totally worth it. I will definitely return to try their K-pop donuts and their bingsoo (Korean halo-halo).

For more information visit their site: Cafe de Seoul
Like them on Facebook
Follow them on Twitter



You May Also Like

1 comments