Zubuchon

by - July 20, 2014


Last Monday, I flew to Cebu, Philippines with my friends. I missed Cebu! It's been three years since I've gone there and it changed a lot! The best thing about my travel in Cebu was when I got the chance to eat their food - legit Cebuano food that I can't even taste in Manila. 

Magellan's Cross. Sinulog. Were some of the things that people will remember if I ask about Cebu. Cebu was also popular with another thing. LECHON.

Lechon Cebu was dubbed as "Best Pig...Ever" by my favorite TLC TV personality, Anthony Bourdain. I've been watching Bourdain from time to time since No Reservations, The Layover and Parts Unknown. I always look up to him. I wanted to be like him and other TV personalities on TLC; People who can be seen on TV while traveling in different countries around the globe, knowing other people's culture and traditions and tasting different dishes.

Back to lechon. Lechon is a pork dish in different countries around the world like Spain and the countries colonized by Spain before. There were numbers of names when it comes to lechon but ZUBUCHON was at the top of that list. 

Lechon Paksiw 


Five Pork Rice. 


"Best pork...EVER" 
Zubuchon
No need to add sauce or any other condiments because this lechon has all the basic tastes when you eat it. 


Sisig rice.


Spicy Zubuchon.
I did not have the chance to taste you...for health purposes.


Fresh Coconut Juice


Iba/Kamias/ Bilimbi Fruit (Thanks Google!) shake.





Chicaron! 





The interior of the place was really nice. The food was really great. I want to fly to Cebu right now because my olfactory is searching for Zubuchon's smell. Now I know why Bourdain declared it as the "best pig...ever." Better try it too! 

For more information visit Zubuchon's Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/zubuchon

You May Also Like

0 comments